Sunday, December 7, 2014
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for December is.....

Sue Kendrick
 
 
Here is a bit from Sue
 
 
I have been crafting ever since I can remember.  My Mother hated crafts of any kind, so I must have gotten it from my Dad.  Knitting has been a passion since I learned in a Camp Fire Girls class at the age of 11.  My crafting time has always been "stolen time," when I should have been studying, working, cleaning house, or whatever.  Six years ago, I got divorced and retired (both happily) and moved out of Miami.  I am now able to spend my time taking crafty classes in such things as weaving, kumihimo, knitting, and papercrafting, and my home is one giant craft studio. 
 
I have two sons, one here in Crawfordville and one in Tacoma, WA.  No grandkids, which is fine.  Both sons are happy and healthy.  My adorable, spoiled cats keep me company when I stay up all night, and they cuddle up when I sleep all morning.
 
I was introduced to scrapbooking via Creative Memories about 15 years ago.  Recently, I have been disappointed to see scrapbooking move toward the Project Life style, but searching the internet, Swirlydoos popped up.  I have been a member for about a year and a half now.  My favorite things are cards, tags, and making books.  I do love the vintage, distressed, elegant Swirly style.  I found a great rubber stamp at a shop in Santa Fe, NM, that says it all:  "This isn't art.  I just like to make stuff."


Here are a some of my favorite projects of Sue's, sure to inspire you!!






Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be! We love our Swirlygirls!!


3 comments:

Paula Calvanico said...

Wonderful Sue! How nice to get to know more about you :)

Paula

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Sue, it's so good to get to know you better!!!
***I'm looking at one of Sue's handmade tags IN PERSON and believe me, these photos don't do her work justice; the details close up are fantastic!!!

Andiepants said...

Sue! Congrats! Great to know you. You're work is phenomenal!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed